Not a member? Register!

ACP TV

There are no scheduled shows.

OFF AIR

Watch past shows and videos!

New Leaf Guides

City Folk Guides

Who's Online

There are 0 registered users and 112 guests online.

Members: 1269

To Wii speak or not to Wii speak
Register!

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-27-2009, 4:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2010 3:02 PM by miimario.)
How does everyone think the wii speak option affects the interaction between online players. It's really cool to see keyboard and wii speak friends interact together. I know there are lots of opinions out there on the matter, and I am just curious. I personally like keyboard better, but if everyone is wii speaking then I'll turn it on. A problem for me though is that sometimes I have to play the game quietly and can't open my gate because the wii speak will disturb other people in my house.

I could play the game all day!
New FC: 1033-6254-7119
Town: Raindrop
Find all posts by this user
03-27-2009, 7:34 PM
Re: to wii speak or not to wii speak
I personally have a keyboard,and only a keyboard, but ill be getting wii speak soon. though what i like to see is some interactivity on nintendo's part. i wanna see them release somethin' like a microphone item via DLC and have a the character do somthing if they use wii speak while holdin' that item. as for what you were sayin', it really depends on prefrence. i personal plan on using it when people have it, but if they done i'll just use my keyboard. what i really like to do is plug my keyboard ,which has a headset jack on it, and plug it into my wii and my speaker port on my tv ... that way i don't disturb my parent's... and i never miss balloons!

I'M GONNA PICK FRUIT WITH MY DYING WILL!
03-27-2009, 7:48 PM
I have both the usb keyboard & the wii speak. I personally like to use the wii speak & like it when others have it too. I'm not a fast typer, so wii speak works best for me. But because I do have small children it can get pretty noisy, so during the day I use the keyboard mostly, & it's very nice for letters. So I'd say whatever makes you comfortable, I prefer the wii speak & would actually recommend getting both the keyboard & the wii speak if possible.

Sylvie..Animal Crossing Addict
03-27-2009, 8:50 PM
The one and only time I was able to travel to another's town, I used my WiiSpeak. I like the technology and have no reason to use a keyboard. If I keep my door closed, it doesn't get noisy at all, besides me. I've never tried the keyboard option because my computer's keyboard doesn't plug in with a usb cable, and I'm not going to buy a keyboard just to experiment with a preferred method of chat on the Wii.

DJ wants to explore....
03-27-2009, 8:58 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2012 6:47 PM by OliveFlounder.)
I have WiiSpeak, but I must admit, I do rather prefer the keyboard. This mostly has to do with my being shy. However, I feel awkward using the keyboard when others are "WiiSpeak-ing," and, in such situations, I feel compelled to use it. Ah, but sometimes I still don't. I feel the same debate--To WiiSpeak or Not to WiiSpeak?

That is the question.

Wink (Male)
03-27-2009, 10:14 PM
I use a keyboard because i dont have a wii speak but sometimes I have to use the wii controller to type because my brother yells at me for taking the keyboard from the computer Laugh (Male)

Shane wants to travel. SO OPEN YOUR GATES!
03-27-2009, 10:30 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2012 6:47 PM by OliveFlounder.)
Haha! Yeah, Shane, the keyboard is a pretty important part of the computer Laugh (Male) But it's also pretty important for Animal Crossing too if you ask me. It's all I use. It is kinda hard sometime because you can't type as fast as you can speak. Maybe I'll add a spot in the profile for Wii Speak and a spot for keyboard.

Welcome to ACP! Need help? Just PM me or any other staff member.
VOTE FOR ACP! Click the link below.
http://actopsites.php0h.com/index.php?a=in&u=acpost
03-28-2009, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 04-17-2012 6:48 PM by OliveFlounder.)
That is funny Shane about not being able to "steal" the keyboard from the computer. We found a USB wireless keyboard for $15.00. AnimalBrad that is the coolest idea to get headphones for the wii speak to keep it quiet. I am so technologically ignorant that I never would have thought of that on my own. So how would I actually do that? I went to find some headphones and couldn't figure out how to plug it in to the wii. My son laughed at me because it apparently can't be any headphones, therefore I don't want to ask him. So can you enlighten me as to what I would buy? Thanks.

03-29-2009, 1:02 PM
Idk if the headphone thing works the same way for others... but I have a headphone port on my TV (small little 15" thing), right near the tri-component input ports... If I have it plugged in there, it just over-rides the main speakers, and everyone annoyed by the sound is happy.

DJ wants to explore....
03-29-2009, 10:36 PM
I think I figured out how to connect. My keyboard doesn't have the headset thingy but there is a spot on my TV. All I am going to have to do is buy a cheap little adapter and I think it will work. Thanks for the ideas guys. It will be nice to open my gates more and be able to play with wii speak people when I have to be quiet. Yes! let wii speak and keyboard players unite!!!

Thread Closed